Sunday, September 28, 2008

Cellular Phone Towers…Good or Not?


Cities nearly everywhere have some concerns about construction of cellular towers to carry signals to all of us hopelessly addicted cell phone users. Irvine California has now extended its ban on cellular towers, recently extending the moratorium on cellular towers for yet another year by unanimous vote of the city council.

Obvious opposition comes from wireless companies but what about the citizens? More and more citizens are foregoing land lines in their home and running all calls through their cell phones…now that is a concept I can understand. As a business owner I receive 70% of my daily phone calls on my cell phone…even when I’m sitting in my office, which has numerous land lines! You know why? Because people think “I can always find him on his cell phone”.

So, it may be time for creativity with cell phone towers. How about camouflage to make them look like tree? You know… that artificial Christmas tree look?! I think it could work. Then…everyone wins! More towers, not unsightly to look at, and better cell phone reception.

We’ve got a lot of creative people out there…how about a few ideas?
Your comments are welcome.

And thank you for making me Your Orange County Real Estate Connection.

Best regards.
Michael Caruso, Broker ABR ABRM CRB CRS GRI
2007 President, Orange County Association of Realtors

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...