Monday, October 5, 2009

Designer Closets

Designer Closets for Less

When our closets started to look old, cluttered and outdated, my wife decided that we could spruce them up at very little cost. I was very skeptical. But after the finished product and very minimal cost, I decided that I had to share it with some fellow clients and she insisted that I write about it on my blog.


  • First she got rid of any "wire or cheap hangers".
  • Got rid of any old boxes or plastic storage boxes
  • She replaced the hangers to all black or all white. Adding non slip hangers.
  • Replaced the old storage boxes with the same coordinating color storage cases and some designer storage boxes of different shapes & sizes.
  • Added a multiple hanging purse holder.

We decided on black hangers throughout. Solid black boxes and a black & white print storage box. Added some tiffany blue boxes and hung up all the clothes by color & season.
Seriously, the black color against the clothes make the clothes stand out. She did another closet of all white & another of all grey. It's great when your doing the laundry. Just hang on the coordinating hanger. The closets looks like they got a major facelift at little cost. Everything we needed was found at all the discount retailers & chains.

We recommended this to a client, who's closet looked very messy. Now she leaves her closet doors open and is not embarrassed when buyers or agents are looking in. This is great for staging a home.

I hope you'll remember me if you learn of anyone moving to "The OC" and I will do the same!

Best regards.

Michael Caruso, Broker ABR ABRM CRB CRS GREEN GRI
2007 President, Orange County Association of Realtors

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...