Saturday, October 18, 2008

Did You Pay Sales Tax on the Puppy or Kitten You Bought?

I bought my dog from a breeder and I sure don't remember paying any sales tax....
If I bought a puppy at one of the Mall pet stores, I bet I would have had the sales tax on my bill.

Did you know that breeders and pet stores should be charging sales tax on puppies and kittens bought there? The state of California believes this tax has always been there and is launching a campaign to remind and encourage pet sellers to charge sales tax. If a breeder or a pet store makes more that 2 sales a year, they should be charging sales tax...says the State Board of Equalization. The state thinks they are missing about $14 Million in sales tax every year on these missed pet taxes.

Next time I buy a gold fish, I'm gonna make sure they charged me tax on it...because our state needs every penny with its huge budget deficit.

Thanks for making me Your Orange County Real Estate Connection.

Best regards,
Michael Caruso

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...