Saturday, October 18, 2008

When is it Time to take Away Grandma or Grandpa's Car Keys?

OK...let me assure you all that this has nothing to do with gas prices.

I love my Dad and he is 85, pretty sharp and going strong. He passed his last driving and vision related test from the state. He drives himself to all his doctor visits (plenty of them) for this or that but it's all a part of general aging.

But every now and then I look at his car and there is a scratch or a ding and I ask..."how did that happen, dad?" He has no answer. Well, I begin to wonder about the cars he parks near and if he has damaged any of them. And then I wonder, what is the right age to stop driving? There is the question of dementia, diabetes or just dulling senses that can cause a serious accident.

Is there an age when a driver license should become void? Or, are we not to take a license away? Is driving a car a right of freedom or a right of license?

I would love to hear comments on this one if you find a moment....

And thank you for making me Your Orange County Real Estate Connection.
Best regards,
Michael Caruso

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...